- It is Okay to Not be Okay: Overcoming Emotional Bias in Affective Image Captioning by Contrastive Data Collection Link
- ArtELingo: A Million Emotion Annotations of WikiArt with Emphasis on Diversity over Language and Culture
• Fellowship at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology.
• University of Tartu Achievement Reward.
• Ministry of Estonian Foreign Affairs (MFA) scholarship for studying at the University of Tartu.
• Tuition waiver at the University of Tartu.
• Provost’s honor roll for all semesters.
• Full scholarship at Zewail City of Science and Technology.
Youssef Mohamed is a Computer Science Ph.D. candidate at the Visual Computing Center (VCC)/Vison-CAIR at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) under the supervision of Professor Mohamed Elhoseiny
• Bachelor's Degree in Communication and Information Engineering, University of Science and Technology in Zewail City, Cairo, Egypt (2013-2018)
• Master's Degree in Computer Science, University of Tartu, Tartu, Estonia (2019-2022)
• I am interested in developing AI that is aware of the Emotional and Cultural aspects of human intelligence. We study human responses to different stimuli and the effect of emotions and culture on these responses.
• I am interested in Image Captioning, Large Language Modeling, Affective Computing, and Cultural Diversity.
• Teaching assistant. (University of Science and Technology in Zewail City and University of Tartu)