Registration is simple.
- The deadline to apply for a place on the Microelectronics Winter Camp was 1st October 2019. Click the “Apply Now" button below.
- Create an account, you will be sent an email.
- Log in and complete the application, you will need to upload your Transcript and CV.
- You will be asked to address the following questions in no more than 400 words. The answers to these questions will serve as your statement of interest, we would like to understand your motivations and experience with microelectronics design and fabrication.
- How did you hear about the program?
- Have you participated in similar program(s)? If so, where and when?
- Do you have prior research experience? If you do, please describe it briefly.
- Have you ever published or presented research findings?
- Do you have experience with microfabrication, inkjet and 3D printing, PCB design and fabrication?
- What is your future goal?
- What do you know about KAUST?
- Have you ever travelled abroad?
- Remember to submit the application before the deadline.
- Important: the shortlisted students will be requested to attend an interview.
Participants are selected on a competitive basis. Bachelor (junior and senior years only) and Master students in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Mathematics, Material Science and Engineering, Bioengineering and other related disciplines can apply. Academic grades, motivation for participation and any research experience are used as evaluation criteria. Good English skills are also required.
Further information on eligibility is listed below:
- Completed a minimum of their penultimate year of baccalaureate studies (normally this is the 3rd year) OR completed their baccalaureate (Bachelor's degree) OR be pursuing a post- baccalaureate (Master's degree). Currently enrolled KAUST students, KAUST Alumni, students who are currently in a PhD program or those who have earned a PhD are not eligible to participate.
- Successful candidates normally have a cumulative grade point average (GPA) that equates to above 3.50 /4.00. You do not need to do the GPA conversion, however, you should provide your academic grades in your original grading scale.
- Official academic transcript(s) or a certified translation of the original transcript(s), if not in English from the current and previous institutions is required.
- Demonstrated English reading comprehension, speaking, listening and writing abilities. If you have taken an English language test, the recommended TOEFL IBT score is 79 and 6.0 IELTS
- Applicants should have a valid passport.
- The recommendation of a faculty member in the field of study from current and previous schools of enrollment may be required.