Participants are selected on a competitive basis.
- Advanced undergraduate or a current master's student in the related area of study.
- Cumulative GPA equivalent to 3.5 out of 4.00 or above.
- Good command of English.
- Pass all KAUST interviews.
- Up-to-date CV outlining your experience and interests.
- Current transcripts, in English.
- Copy of your passport.
- Copy of your COVID vaccination certificate (please refer to the Vaccination Requirements below).
Scan the QR code or Apply here
Application Deadline: 22nd October 2021
Online Application Process
- Create an account.
- Log in and complete the application, and upload all the required documents.
- In the application, you will be asked to address the following questions in no more than 400 words. The answers will serve as your statement of interest to understand your motivations and experience with microelectronics design and fabrication:
- How did you hear about the program?
- Have you participated in a similar program(s)? If so, where and when?
- Do you have prior research experience? If you do, please describe it briefly.
- Have you ever published or presented research findings?
- Do you have experience with microfabrication, inkjet and 3D printing, PCB design, and fabrication?
- What is your future goal?
- What do you know about KAUST?
- Have you ever traveled abroad?
Application Review Stages
Your application will be reviewed in the following way and you will need to pass each stage to be successful:
- Faculty review your online application
- Interview with the faculty or division staff
- Interview with KAUST administration
- Decision issued
Before you Arrive!Vaccination Requirments:
Due to the pandemic, all applicants applying for the camp, must obtain and show proof of full vaccination (vaccine certificates for COVID-19) in order to be accepted on to the campus, the following vaccines are accepted:
- 2 doses of Pfizer BioNTech
- 2 doses of Oxford AstraZeneca
- 2 doses of Moderna
- 1 dose of Johnson and Johnson’s Janssen
- 2 Doses of Sinopharm vaccine and 1 dose of Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, or Janssen
- 2 Doses of Sinovac vaccine and 1 dose of Pfizer, Moderna, AstraZeneca, or Janssen.
Things to Consider When Applying
- We encourage applications from students who have been nominated to apply by their home institution.
- If you have applied to KAUST as an intern before, you will need to use a different e-mail address.
- Please make sure you have submitted your application by the deadline or you will not be considered for the camp.