Participants are selected on a competitive basis.
- Advanced undergraduate or a current master's student in a related area of study.
- Cumulative GPA equivalent to 3.5 out of 4.00 or above.
- Good command of English.
- Pass all KAUST interviews.
- Up-to-date CV outlining your experience and interests.
- Current transcripts, in English.
- Copy of your passport.
Online Application Process
- Create an account.
- Log in and complete the application, and upload all the required documents.
- In the application, you will be asked to address the following questions briefly. The answers will serve as your statement of interest to understand your motivations and experience with microelectronics design and fabrication:
- How did you hear about the program?
- Have you participated in a similar program(s)? If so, where and when?
- Do you have prior research experience? If you do, please describe it briefly.
- Have you ever published or presented research findings?
- Do you have experience with microfabrication, inkjet and 3D printing, PCB design, and fabrication?
- What is your future goal?
- What do you know about KAUST?
- Have you ever traveled abroad?
Application Review Stages
Your application will be reviewed in the following way and you will need to pass each stage to be successful:
- Faculty review your online application
- Interview with the faculty or division staff
- Interview with KAUST administration
- Decision issued
Things to Consider When Applying
- We encourage applications from students who have been nominated to apply by their home institution.
- If you have applied to KAUST as an intern before, you will need to use a different e-mail address.
- Please make sure you have submitted your application by the deadline or you will not be considered for the camp.