Participants are selected on a competitive basis.
- Fresh graduate, senior undergraduate, or current Master's student in Electrical Engineering, Physics, Material science, Optoelectronics, and related field.
- Demonstrated ability and enthusiasm for research projects.
- Cumulative GPA equivalent to 3.5 out of 4.00 or above.
- Proficiency in English.
- Pass all KAUST interviews.
- Up-to-date CV outlining your experience and interests.
- Current transcripts, in English.
- Copy of your passport.
Online Application Process
- Create an account.
- Log in and complete the application, and upload all the required documents.
- State the names of the three faculty you wish to work with in preferential order.
- In the application, you will be asked to choose your duration of stay. The camp will have 2 parts:
- Core program: 4 weeks (Arrival: July 1, Departure: August 1). All participants are required to attend the first duration of the program.
- Optional extension: 3 months after the camp ends (Arrival: July 1 - Departure: October 31). This is subject to slot availability and the research requirements.
Application Review Stages
Your application will be reviewed in the following way and you will need to pass each stage to be successful:
- Faculty review your online application
- Interview with the faculty or division staff
- Interview with KAUST administration
- Decision issued
Things to Consider When Applying
- We encourage applications from students who have been nominated to apply by their home institution.
- If you have applied to KAUST before, you will need to use a different e-mail address.
- Please make sure you have submitted your application by the deadline or you will not be considered for the camp.