Practical problem-solving is the bridge between theoretical knowledge and real-world impact.
Office: Building 1, Level 4, R 4120
Honors & Awards
- Junior Scientists Research Experience Program (JSREP) Grant from Qatar National Research Fund for the project titled “Multivariate Statistical Process Monitoring and Applications”, 2014
- Highest Honors PhD, UTT, France, 2010
- Jan 2019-Present: Research scientist, KAUST
- Mar.2015 -Dec.2018: Postdoctoral Fellows, KAUST
- 2012 –2014: Research scientist, Texas A&M University at Qatar
- Apr.2011– Jan.2012: Postdoctoral Fellows at Charles Delaunay Institute, Systems Modeling and Dependability Laboratory, UTT, France
- Sep.2010–Mar.2011: Assistant Professor, Institute of Automotive and Transport Engineering (ISAT), University of Bourgogne, France
- Sep.2010–Mar.2011: Assistant Professor, University of Technology of Troyes, France
- Sep.2008-Aug.2009: Teaching Associate, University of Technology of Troyes, France
- Chair, “Autonomous Systems”, IEEE ICSC 2017, 6th International Conference on Systems and Control, Batna, Algeria, 2017.
- Co-chair, “System Identiﬁcation and Learning with Applications”, IEEE SSCI, Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence: IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Control and Automation, Cape Town, South Africa, 2015.
- Chair, the 17th International Conference on Control and Automation, Dubai, UAE, 2015.
- Chair, “Fault Detection”, IEEE ASCC, the 9th Asian Control Conference, Istanbul, Turkey, 2013.
- Co-chair, “Fault Detection and Diagnosis”, IEEE SSCI, Symposium Series on Computational Intelligence: IEEE Symposium on Computational Intelligence in Control and Automation, Singapore, 2013.
Fouzi Harrou received the M.Sc. degree in telecommunications and networking from the University of Paris VI, France, and the Ph.D. degree in systems optimization and security from the University of Technology of Troyes (UTT), France. He was an Assistant Professor at UTT for one year and was an Assistant Professor at the Institute of Automotive and Transport Engineering, Nevers, France, for one year. He was also a Post-Doctoral Research Associate at the Systems Modelling and Dependability Laboratory, UTT, for one year. He was a Research Scientist with the Chemical Engineering Department, Texas A&M University at Qatar, Doha, Qatar, for three years. He is currently a Research Scientist with the Division of Computer, Electrical, and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering, King Abdullah University of Science and Technology. He is co-author of the book "Statistical Process Monitoring Using Advanced Data-Driven and Deep Learning Approaches: Theory and Practical Applications" (Elsevier, 2020). Dr. Harrou’s research interests are in the area of statistical anomaly detection and process monitoring with a particular emphasis on data-driven methods. The algorithms developed in Dr. Harrou’s research are utilized in many applications to improve the operation of various environmental, chemical, and electrical systems. He is a Senior Member of the Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers (IEEE).
- Qualification for Candidacy Associate Professor, CNU (University National Council), Ministry of Higher Education, Research & Technology, Section 61, France
- Ph.D. degree in Systems Optimization and Dependability, University of Technology of Troyes (UTT), France, 2010
- M.Sc. degree in Telecommunication and Networks, Paris Sud University & Supelec, France, 2006
Harrou’s research interests include statistical decision theory and its applications, multivariate statistical process monitoring, anomaly detection and diagnosis.