Core activity: Big Data analytics in life sciences
CBRC aims at solving the methodological and practical challenges linked to extracting useful information from Big Data in Biomedicine and Biotechnology. The center focuses on machine learning and high-performance computing for efficient knowledge-, data- and text-mining. Computational approaches are integrated with experimental approaches for data generation and validation. Applications are in human health and Biotechnology.
- Design novel, integrated computational and experimental methods, resources, models, and tools for use in targeted human health and biotechnology research.
- Leverage our skills and resources to extract targeted relevant information from biomedical data through Big Data methods and AI analysis.
- Engage with industrial partners in biotechnology development and transfer.
- Advance bioscience in the Kingdom and educate high-profile specialists in our multi- and inter-disciplinary environments.
CBRC aims to become a world-class regional driver in advancement in human health and biotechnology research for the benefit of society and the environment
- Design novel computational biology/bioinformatics methods, resources, models, and tools suited for high-performance computing systems that will lead to and speed up the development of applications in Human Health and Medicine, and Biotechnology, and validate these applications.
- Improve the capacity to extract targeted relevant information from biomedical data through Big Data methods and analytics.
- Integrate experimental design, data generation, and data analysis.
- Train high-profile specialists in our multi- and inter-disciplinary environment.
- Engage with industrial partners in technology development and transfer.