CBRC Job Opportunities
Research Specialist - scientific software developer/research software engineer
We are seeking to fill a position for a scientific software developer/research software engineer (Research Technician) at the Computational Bioscience Research Center at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology.
The position is in the research group of Robert Hoehndorf. The programmer will work on the development and improvement of research software and research infrastructure, including the AberOWL ontology repository, software for machine learning with ontology embeddings, and services to process and analyze phenotype data.
- A completed MSc or Ph.D. degree in a relevant field (Computer Science, Bioinformatics, or related), or a BSc degree with at least three years of experience.
- Experience in software development, including use of web development frameworks (React, Angular, or similar) and backend technologies (Tomcat, Jetty, Django, etc.).
- Familiarity with GNU/Linux server environments, including Nginx or Apache webservers
- Required experience, demonstrated by relevant projects, in at least one of these areas:
- Graph databases and RDF stores
- Use of search technologies such as ElasticSearch, Lucene
- Semantic Web technologies, OWL, RDF, and SPARQL
- Proficiency in spoken and written English.
Research technicians (software developers) are entitled to a competitive salary (commensurate with the applicant's qualifications) and a set of benefits determined by KAUST. KAUST will be responsible for the actual recruiting decision, appointment offers and employment benefits.
How to apply:
For internal applicants: Apply here
For external applicants: Apply here
For any questions related to the position, please contact Robert Hoehndorf (firstname.lastname@example.org ).
CBRC Faculty Opportunities
CBRC is looking for faculty of all levels in different areas of computational bioscience. Click the link below for more information.
CBRC Student Opportunities
CBRC is always looking for qualified and motivated graduate students. Click the link below for more information.
Prospective CBRC Students
If you are interested in working on any CBRC projects, please contact the following faculty for student opportunities:
- Distinguished Professor Takashi Gojobori
- Professor Carlos Duarte
- Professor Charlotte Hauser
- Professor Stefan Arold
- Associate Professor Xin Gao
- Associate Professor Xiangliang Zhang
- Associate Professor Taous Meriem Laleg Kirati
- Associate Professor Robert Hoehndorf
If you would like to know more about the requirements, deadlines, and other aspects of KAUST student admissions, read the Admissions FAQ.
CBRC Academic and Technical Jobs
No jobs are available at present.