- Ph. D., Technology, Tohoku University, 2-1-1 Sendai, Japan, 1985
Scientific and Professional Membership
- Zoological Society of Japan
- Japanese Society of Developmental Biologists
- Physiological Society of Japan
It is unknown how the central nervous system appeared during metazoan evolution. I’m interested in the evolutionary origin of the central nervous system, enteric nervous system, and autonomic nervous systems.
- 1985-2015: Assistant Professor, National Institute of Genetics, Mishima, Japan
- 1991-1993: Research Assistant, University of California Irvine, USA