- M.Sc. Computer Science, KAUST, Thuwal, Saudi Arabia, 2018
- B.Sc, Computer Science, King Abdul-Aziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia, 2014.
- Bio-Ontology Research Group (BORG).
- Computational Bioscience Research Center (CBRC).
- Computer, Electrical, and Mathematical Sciences and Engineering (CEMSE).
Sarah Alghamdi is a Ph.D. candidate in the Bio-Ontology Research Group (BORG) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST) under the supervision of Professor Robert Hoehndorf.
Sarah's research interests include applications of artificial intelligence and using statistical methods to genomics and healthcare.
- Program Committee for the International Conference of Biomedical Ontology (ICBO 2022)
- Program Committee for the International Society of Molecular Biology (ISMB 2022) - Bio-Ontology track
- 2018-2021: Teaching Assistant positions:
- CS 290E, Special topics in Artificial intelligence, Spring 2018-2019
- CS 213, Knowledge Representation and Reasoning, Spring 2020-21
- 2015-present: Teaching Assistant, King Abdul-Aziz University, Rabigh, Saudi Arabia.
- 2015: Computer Instructor, Al-Alamiah for Education and Training, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
- 2010-2011: Lab Assistant, King Abdul-Aziz University, Jeddah, Saudi Arabia.
Honors and Awards
- 2022, Best poster award, ICBO 2022
- 2022, "Contribution of model organism phenotypes to the computational identification of human disease genes " was selected as DMM Editor’s Choice article on volume 15, issue 7