Bin Zhang is a Postdoctoral Research Fellow at Computational Bioscience Research Center(CBRC) at King Abdullah University of Science and Technology (KAUST), working with Professor Xin Gao at Structural and Functional Bioinformatics Group.
Education and Early Career
Bin Zhang received his bachelor’s degree in Bioinformatics from Huazhong University of Science and Technology, Wuhan, China, in 2009. He holds a Ph.D. degree from Shanghai Institute of Biology Science, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Shanghai, China in 2016. From 2012 to 2016, He was also a joint student in Berlin Institute for Medical Systems Biology, Max- Delbrück-Center for Molecular Medicine.
In 2017, Bin Zhang worked as a Postdoc Fellow at Cancer Science Institute of Singapore, National University of Singapore, before joining KAUST in 2020.
He is interested in RNA dysregulations in cancer and their diagnostic, prognostic and therapeutic potentials.
1. Chan, J. J., Zhang, B., Chew, X. H., Salhi, A., Kwok, Z. H., Lim, C. Y., ... & Tay, Y. (2022). Pan-cancer pervasive upregulation of 3′ UTR splicing drives tumourigenesis. Nature Cell Biology, 1-12.
2. Tian, S., Zhang, B., He, Y., Sun, Z., Li, J., Li, Y., ... & Chen, W. (2022). CRISPR-iPAS: a novel dCAS13-based method for alternative polyadenylation interference. Nucleic acids research, 50(5), e26-e26.
3. Zhang, B., Babu, K. R., Lim, C. Y., Kwok, Z. H., Li, J., Zhou, S., ... & Tay, Y. (2020). A comprehensive expression landscape of RNA-binding proteins (RBPs) across 16 human cancer types. RNA biology, 17(2), 211-226.
4. Chen, T., Zhang, B., Ziegenhals, T., Prusty, A. B., Fröhler, S., Grimm, C., ... & Chen, W. (2019). A missense mutation in SNRPE linked to non-syndromal microcephaly interferes with U snRNP assembly and pre-mRNA splicing. PLoS genetics, 15(10), e1008460.
5. Xiao, M. S., Zhang, B., Li, Y. S., Gao, Q., Sun, W., & Chen, W. (2016). Global analysis of regulatory divergence in the evolution of mouse alternative polyadenylation. Molecular systems biology, 12(12), 890.
6. Zhang, B., Han, D., Korostelev, Y., Yan, Z., Shao, N., Khrameeva, E., ... & Khaitovich, P. (2016). Changes in snoRNA and snRNA abundance in the human, chimpanzee, macaque, and mouse brain. Genome biology and evolution, 8(3), 840-850.